Baja Travel Resource Guide presented by:
Ferry Service (Grupo Sematur)
- Santa Rosal�a -- Guaymas: Ferry runs on Sundays and Wednesdays only right now (from both ports) and offers salon and tourist classes only. I'm currently not aware of the current hours of departure/arrival. Travel time: about 7-8 hours. SR tel#: 115.20013, or 20014; Guaymas tel#: 622.23390 / fax: 622.23393.
- La Paz -- Topolobampo (Los Mochis): Ferry leaves LP Mon-Sat @ 11am. Leave Topolobampo Mon-Sat @ 9am. Travel time: about 9-10 hours. Wednesday & Thursday all classes are available, other days only salon class is available. LP tel#:112.53833 or 54666 (in-town office), and the terminal at Pichilingue is: 112.29485 / fax: 112.56588; Topolobampo tel#: 686.20141 / fax: 686.20035.
- La Paz -- Mazatl�n: Ferry runs from La Paz 7 days a week, the Wednesday ship is a cargo vessel, and only salon class is available for passengers. Other days all classes are available. Departs Mazatl�n 7 days a week as well, the Thursday ship is the same as the Wednesday ship out of La Paz. Travel time: about 19 hours. Mazatl�n tel#: 698.17020, or 17021 / fax: 698.17023.
- Cabo San Lucas -- Puerto Vallarta: This route was eliminated in 1989.
Ferry rates change frequently (and are difficult to track within the scope of this website). Make reservations a month ahead of time if possible. There are four travel accommodation options available (except for the La Paz -- Topolobampo route, which only has salon seating available). Prices are given in U.S.$:
- Salon -- Padded seats. ($13-19)
- Tourist -- Small room with washbasin and bunks for four people (gender specific). ($25-37)
- Cabin -- Beds and bath for two. ($37-55)
- Special Cabin -- Beds, bath, and lounge for two. ($49-73)
- 5 meters and under: $120-175
- 5 to 6.5 meters: $140-200
- 6.5 to 9 meters: $200-300
- 9 to 17 meters: $350-550
- Motorhomes: $200-300
- If you're actually in M�xico, there's a toll-free # for reservations and questions (you may need to communicate in Spanish however): 91.800.69696.
SEMATUR's web site with the most current information available on the WWW: http://www.ferrysematur.com.mx
� Copyright 1996-2002 Q87 International, San Diego, CA. All rights reserved. User Agreement.
Last revised: June 21, 2002
[return to contents page]